The Interviews to Clients & Referrals Formula
Use these strategies if, by the end of the interview, you feel like you still need to “warm up” the relationship further to build trust.
- Offer introductions
- Post on fb and linkedin with a screenshot and TAG THEM
- Discuss your area of expertise
- Ask a specific question about their focus that has to do with your expertise
- Go to their website and point out a few improvements based on your experience
i. Example: I go to podcast page and make 2 specific suggestions
Use these strategies if, by the end of the interview, you feel like the relationship is warmer and you’ve built good trust.
- Discuss upcoming conferences, events, travel, or arrange a get-together
- Ask them to Send you a referral agreement
Use these strategies if, by the end of the interview, you feel like you have a very warm relationship with this person now and the person now knows, likes and trusts you enough that they could be a client, referral partner or strategic partner.
- MVO offer – if you have a less expensive offering (which we call a “Minimum Viable Offering” or “MVO”), you can offer that to this person. Be careful to not make it seem like you just interviews them so you can “pitch” them so you may want to set up a totally separate call a week or so later to discuss this.
- Discuss Strategic Partnership – ask if they ever do webinars or need speakers, or ask if they are looking for podcast guests (if they have a podcast) and suggest others and yourself.
- They ask “How can we work together?”
- Offer to make introductions. Ask “What do you need the most help with and who from my network would be a great introduction for you?”
- After the interview, if it makes sense, ask how you can collaborate together
- Add them to your pipeline.